Our teachers will create a classroom culture that drives student achievement and personal growth for every one of our students, building a game-changing school that redefines public education for students and families of Indianapolis. Your job is to hold your students to a high bar (both academically and behaviorally), model our school core values at all times, and grow as a leader in this work every day (driven by personal reflection, coaching from school leadership, and working in partnership with transformational colleagues). This work will be personally, physically and intellectually exhausting. This work will push you to your professional limits. This work will ask more of you than you thought you had to give. But you will be part of something that will transform the lives of hundreds of students in Indianapolis.
Background on the Organization
Allegiant Prep is deeply committed to equipping and inspiring all students to live up to their power and potential through a rigorous college prep education. Allegiant Prep is an elementary school built on research and best practices of high performing charter schools nationwide and is uniquely focused on educating students of Indianapolis. We were authorized by the Indiana Charter School Board in the spring of 2017 and currently serve Kindergarten – Third Grade scholars.
Allegiant Prep’s philosophical approach to creating a transformational school for the students of Indianapolis is based on three foundational beliefs:
1) Every child, no matter race, socio-economic status, zip code or home language, can be on a path to college;
2) Students thrive in a safe, structured and supportive environment; and
3) Fostering Intelligence plus character is a critical component to building a sense of responsibility in our country’s future leaders. For more information, please visit our website: www.allegiantprep.org.
As an Elementary Teacher, you will:
- Develop and implement rigorous, standards-aligned lesson plans targeted with an end goal of student performance at or above grade level expectations.
- Build strong relationships with parents and students, driving investment in school culture and academics.
- Analyze student achievement and behavioral data collaboratively with colleagues and School Leadership to critically and strategically respond to the needs of students.
- Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices through targeted feedback and collaborative training with colleagues.
- Model school core values at all times when engaging with students, families, or community members.
- Assist school leadership with student recruitment and enrollment.
To be considered as a Teacher, you must:
- Have a track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains or comparable results in current field.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and extracurricular leadership.
- Be a person who meets challenges with optimism and a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Currently certified to teach K-8 in the state of Indiana OR can provide evidence of work towards licensure
- Background check passed, required.
Email a resume and cover letter to Rick Anderson at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For more information, please visit our website: www.allegiantprep.org.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allegiant Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.