Allegiant Prep Academy educates all students in grades K-8 through rigorous academics, character development, and a commitment to community necessary for college success and a life of positive action.
In February of 2021, the current Founder/Head of School worked on a sustainability plan to ensure (1) staff and families continue to have access to resources, and (2) that a mission aligned successor is identified to assume the Head of School position starting in the 2023-2024 School Year. The Head of School Fellow has the opportunity to engage in a 1-year residency with our organization in preparation for assuming the Head of School role. This individual will spend the year working directly with the Founder/Head of School to internalize the key staples of our culture of high expectations, while also assuming school level leadership responsibilities.
Why You’ll Love Us
Academics – Academic excellence for every child sits at the center for our work. APA offers all scholars challenging, college prep content, along with the support and encouragement necessary to master it. We believe every child will achieve greatness when they are equally challenged, supported, and held to high expectations while being respected as humans.
Character – A focus on modeling our Core Values at all times, most importantly during times of distress. APA knows that to succeed in life, scholars must have a sound moral compass that guides their decisions. We go beyond a foundation of academic skills and knowledge with the development of our Core values – Respect, Responsibility, Perseverance, Unity, and Integrity.
Achieving big dreams takes hard work and a team effort. Our approach to education and the genuine partnership we build with our families means the possibilities for APA scholars are unlimited.
Why We’ll Love You
You love children. You are deeply committed to working with young people and are unwavering in your optimism about what they are capable of. You believe love for a child is best shown through delivering on the promise of a consistent, high quality education in which all scholars achieve.
You’re mission and values-driven. You are committed to educational equity for all children and are deeply aligned with the core values that drive our team and our organization.
You believe academic rigor for all is education equity. You are unwavering in your belief that all children should receive challenging, grade-level content within a cohesive, standards-aligned curriculum. Further, you are crazy about all students achieving mastery of that content and are deeply committed to being the instructional leader as a Head of School.
You love working with people. Your experience has shown you that an investment in people and culture can lead to transformative change in an organization. You proactively build meaningful and authentic relationships, which positions you to effectively support and motivate those around you. You push people to achieve more than they could or would on their own because you care about them.
You want to be the best. You care deeply about mastering your craft and take full ownership over your growth and development. You get a little better every day because you are invested in truly becoming the best at what you do.
You never give up. When things feel impossible, you roll up your sleeves, ready to do anything necessary to make them a reality because you know failure is not an option. You are calm and level-headed with an unyielding sense of optimism. You take on challenges and find a way to get to the finish line.
You operate with deep humility. While you carry skills and knowledge from previous experiences, you humbly reflect on new learning and are open to change if it means getting better. You ask questions, listen, and learn from families, team members and other leaders.
What You’ll Do
- Embody the mission and vision of Allegiant Prep
- Live by the five core values that guide our work together
- Directly manage the growth and development of a subset of instructional staff and instructional leaders
- Serve as an instructional coach for leaders and teachers through real-time coaching, regular observation and feedback sessions, data meetings, co-intellectual prep and additional supports in order to build capacity in others and ensure the instructional program achieves our ambitious goals
- Plan and execute small group & staff-wide professional development sessions as needed
- As school leadership team member, join Annual Case Review and Move in Conference family meetings as needed •Point of contact for external vendors that provide staff/scholar services (i.e. Kids Count)
- Research & develop best practices for APA to leverage in areas the organization may need to improve
- Analyze student achievement data as well as teacher performance data on a variety of metrics, both
- quantitative and qualitative, and use information to collaborate with leaders on short- and long-term planning to enhance performance
- Assist in coordination and management of all standardized student assessments and evaluations, including but not limited to state assessments, interim assessments, curriculum-based assessments, and systems for teacher grading/report cards
- Co-manage assigned aspects of school-wide operational routines such as arrival/dismissal procedures, lunch, recess, transitions, etc.
- Develop, support and maintain a culture of proactive behavioral and academic expectations that ensures every child is in a position to engage with and learn challenging, grade-level content
- Consistently use school-wide behavior management systems that ensure logical consequences and restorative practices that are predictable and supportive of scholar development
- Support scholars in meeting & exceeding expectations set forth in our Core values as they build their character
- Take personal ownership of growth and development while taking and swiftly applying feedback
- Directly communicate with families and oversee other staff members in their family communications to ensure a strong and healthy relationship between school and home
- Participate in additional school-related activities including field lessons, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year
Email a resume and cover letter to Rick Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For more information, please visit our website: www.allegiantprep.org.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allegiant Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.