English Language Teacher
Our teachers will create a classroom culture that drives student achievement and personal growth for every one of our students, building a game-changing school that redefines public education for students and families of Indianapolis. Your job is to hold your students to a high bar (both academically and behaviorally), model our school core values at all times, and grow as a leader in this work every day (driven by personal reflection, coaching from school leadership, and working in partnership with transformational colleagues). This work will be personally, physically and intellectually exhausting. This work will push you to your professional limits. This work will ask more of you than you thought you had to give. But you will be part of something that will transform the lives of hundreds of students in Indianapolis.
Background of the Organization
Allegiant Prep is deeply committed to equipping and inspiring all students to live up to their power and potential through a rigorous college prep education. Allegiant Prep is an elementary school built on research and best practices of high performing charter schools nationwide and is uniquely focused on educating students of Indianapolis. We were authorized by the Indiana Charter School Board in the spring of 2017 and currently serve Kindergarten – Fifth Grade scholars.
Allegiant Prep’s philosophical approach to creating a transformational school for the students of Indianapolis is based on three foundational beliefs:
1) Every child, no matter race, socio-economic status, zip code or home language, can be on a path to college;
2) Students thrive in a safe, structured and supportive environment; and
3) Fostering Intelligence plus character is a critical component to building a sense of responsibility in our country’s future leaders. For more information, please visit our website: www.allegiantprep.org.
As an English Language Teacher, you will:
▪ Create and execute lessons for small groups of students that require additional academic support
▪ Collaborate with general education teachers to create and execute lessons that support all students, including EL students
▪ Communicating with teachers and school leadership as needed
▪ Collaborate with Deans and general education teachers in coordinating schedules, modifications, and push-in and pull-out lessons
▪ Assist school leadership in facilitating professional development related to modifications and accommodations for EL students
▪ Responsible for planning for and executing WIDA screener, and the annual WIDA Access Assessment
▪ Responsible for creating, updating, and implementing EL students ILP’s
▪ Manage family relationships and communication for students
▪ Consistently analyze scholar data and engage in self-reflection on practices
▪ Complete all duties, posts and tasks as assigned by direct report or leadership team
▪ Responsible for entering and updating any student information into SIS or state reporting systems
To be considered as a Teacher you must:
▪ Have a track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains or comparable results in the current field.
▪ Hold a Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and extracurricular leadership.
▪ Be a person who meets challenges with optimism and a solutions-oriented mindset.
▪ Currently certified to teach K-8 in the state of Indiana OR can provide evidence of work towards licensure
▪ Background check passed, required.
Email a resume and cover letter to Rick Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For more information, please visit our website: www.allegiantprep.org.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allegiant Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.